Thursday, March 15, 2007

Life



I think the following scripture supports my belief that preborn children ought to be honored just as born children are. That they have their soul from the moment of conception. It makes sense scientifically (when the sperm meets the egg), from that moment on, a human being is growing and developing. A whole new life begins; if nothing happens to disrupt this development (miscarriage, interference by abortifacient birth control, abortion, IVF, etc.), then this life will undeniably grow within and eventually leave his mothers womb and live amongst us:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you." (Jer 1:5)

"He will be filled with the holy Spirit even from his mother's womb." (Luke 1:15)

"Did not he who made me in the womb make him? Did not the same One fashion us before our birth?" (Job 31:15)

"You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13-14)

"Thus says the Lord who made you, your help, who formed you from the womb..." (Isaiah 44:2)

"But when [God], who from my mother's womb had set me apart and called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him to the Gentiles..." (Galatians 1:15-16)

No comments: